Filed under: Uncategorized
1. Red Sox. – The rejuvenated Boston lineup has shown signs of its 2007 strength in the efforts of Mike Lowell and Jason Varitek. Jason Bay has been outstanding and it’s only a matter of time before Lars Anderson gets the call to shuffle some of Big Papi’s at bats and to give a rest to the battered Kevin Youkilis and the ancient Lowell.
2. Dodgers – This lineup looks like the class of the National League. Clayton Kershaw pitched well yesterday and the team is able to win close games. It could be a classic pennant race with the way that San Francisco has been playing.
3. Cardinals – The Pujols – Ludwick tandem is among the best in baseball. Albert is healthy and better than ever. Ryan Franklin appears to have what it takes to be a shutdown closer, he has yet to allow a run.
4. Rays – This team was looking dead until pummeling the Red Sox in back to back games. Evan Longoria and Matt Garza are heating up – watch out for this team if they can get their hands on some reliable relief corps.
5. Twins – They haven’t played well, but Joe Mauer is back and the pitching staff, always their strength, was definitely benefit. Jason Kubel has been a producer and this team is trending up.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment